Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The First Haircut


Do you remember your child's first haircut? I remember my child's first haircut. I wanted to cry. This article reminded me of that day. Being a single parent, I took my child for that first haircut. He was one years old. My child wouldn't get in the chair by himself, so, I had to sit in the chair and hold him in my lap. I don't think it hurt, but big raindrop tears where falling from his face. I remember saying, "it's okay". I think he was frighten of the buzzing noise from the clippers. The barber was very patient. The men waiting to get their hair cut offered encouragement and took pictures while I was holding my son.

I still have a lock of his hair and pictures which I've decided I am going to create a scrapbook page to save the memory.

If you get a chance, read the article and share with me your experience.

No comments: