Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy V-Day!





I hope you all are having a wonderful Valentine's Day.

I don't have a Valentine this year. Actually, last year we were "together", as a couple, but we didn't spend Valentine's Day together. It was not one of our best V-days. We've had really nice V-days and well...I will cherish those moments.

Although, I'm single (not by choice) I offer this peace of advice, celebrate your love for someone everyday or as often as possible. Don't wait until Valentine's Day. Merely stating "I Love You" should do the trick, give flowers just because, spend time with one another, or do something he/she enjoys. Show your appreciation of one another.

Although, we are apart, no longer a couple after so many years together, I'm fine. I realize we need this time apart to truly grow and discover ourselves and what we truly want in a mate. I pretty much know what I want, but this time apart allows me to reflect and see how I could have better handled some situations.

One more piece of advice...If you have trouble inside the home; going outside the home won't resolve the issue. Keep lines of communication open. Work it out.

Tell me how you and your loved one celebrated Valentine's Day? Hopefully, I can use some of your ideas next year...wink, wink ;-)

No comments: