Friday, August 13, 2010

Random Thoughts

  • I live in the DC area and I have yet to watch Housewives of DC.  Why?  My dog chewed the last working remote (seriously!)...I'm stuck on Channel 5 until I get some new remotes (this wkend).  I miss the cable boxes where you could change the channel from it.
  • I can't stand gnats!  I wish they would stay outside where they belong.  I've used bleach, vinegar, bug spray, hairspray (it was near), soapy water...it seems they don't die, they multiply!
  • "Dr." Laura, IS a racist!  Apology not accepted.  The incident where she said the "N" word several times is not why I refer to her as a racist. I agree she used it to make a point...a sad one and IMO really an over used one (i.e. black men say it...comedians used it).  THAT particular incident, she was insensitive, rude and swayed from the actual discussion at hand.  I refer to her as a racist, because of the comments she's made previously about Mexicans, African Americans, President Obama and of the countless other blantant racial remarks she made towards people of color.  I am an African-American woman, I hear some white people (notice I said some; as not ALL black people use the "N' word) go around calling each other 'Redneck'.  Is it ok for me to go around calling white people 'Redneck' and expect them not to be offended?  When they express that they are offended, is it okay to say you're "hypersensitive"?  When that person tries to express their dislike for the word and the derogatory meaning behind it;  is it okay for me to say, 'don't go getting all KKK on me?' I think know not!  Laura has shown her true color...the color of a racist. 
  • I'm going to New York for my birthday! Yay!
  • I can't stand gnats!
  • I came across my old answering machine and listened...my grandma's voice was on the recording...I cried, but they seemed to be tears of happiness.  I've listened to the message ten (10) times, which happens to be 'Happy Birthday' and her telling me she put my card in the mail late.  My birthday is on the 22nd of this month.  Isn't God wonderful!  Best Birthday gift I could ever ask for...hearing my grandma's voice again and her wishing me Happy Birthday.  Yall know I miss her.
  • I'm glad it FRIDAY!

No comments: