Monday, November 17, 2008

Weekend Wrap-up2

Hey...

I hope everyone had a good weekend. I had a nice one.

My sister took my son to the movies Friday evening. So, I joined a friend at My Place, a local sports bar. We had a good time. It was nice to be out. Saturday, I had to go pick my son up and race down the beltway to make his football game. As, I skid into the parking lot, I noticed the field was pretty empty. I saw a few of his teammates and their parents, but not the coach. As I reached one of the parents, he tells me the coach canceled the game due to tornado warnings. Huh! Although, it rained earlier, the sun was out and there was a nice breeze...nice weather. Last week, it rained cats and dogs and I called the comm. center to check (three times) to see if the game was canceled and each time and was told, "no, the game is still on as scheduled". Another parent didn't understand [me either] why the coach or the center did not call participants to inform them the game was canceled [they do it at other centers].

We headed to the mall to find him another coat...he broke the zipper on his fairly new coat [September]. I found him a really nice Nautica coat...insulate, stylish and what look like a heavy duty zipper. I think, I will take his fairy new coat to the cleaners to see if they can put in a new zipper.

Today, Sunday, we didn't go anywhere, just did stuff around the house. Quiet restful day.

No comments: