Monday, September 1, 2008

It's Been A Year...


since my son and I left his father's home. My son still misses being there, but he seems to have adjusted living in "our" home. I've adjusted, it's nothing like peace of mind. Sometimes, I don't know if I'm coming or going though. I wish I had some "me" time, but that will come. I'm working on that. The only drama I have in my life is that which my son's father attempts to create. However, the majority of the time it doesn't phase me. It's when you care that it hurts the most. When you don't care...or not as much you can begin to see the insecurities of another. Thus, the answer to "Why the drama when we've been apart for a year and you're doing "you"? Only he can truly answer that question...and so we will never know. But , my guess...insecurity, self esteem and among other reasons come to mind. A secure person doesn't have to tear another down in attempt to make themselves look "good".

To think this time last year I was packing and moving at the same time. I was so hurt, angry and disappointed. I felt betrayed by many. I forgive, but I don't forget!

So, today, my son and I spent Labor day together and enjoyed our day this year.
I'm looking forward to my [our] future and not looking back at my past.

No comments: