Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My First Green Smoothie


image credit http://www.goneraw.com/


It really wasn't bad at all. I wish I had taken a picture, but I had to hurry up because I made enough for my son and I and if he saw the color of the smoothie he wouldn't drink it. It was pea green. It didn't look tasty. I put my son's smoothie in a travel cup...you know the kind where you can't see the content. I stuck a green straw in it hee hee hee and told him to drink up. He liked it, he liked it.

My son is a picky eater(so am I) and I thought this would be another way of him to get the nutrients that he needs.

I used one and a half leaf of Kale (yes, Kale), some water, lemon juice, one and a half tablespoon of sugar and one banana. Yum! The receipe calls for three leaves of Kale, but being the first time I thought I would take it slow and work my way up to three leaves

No comments: